Yesterday, 2008.06.16, we embarked on our journey from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to various locations throughout Alaska, USA.
We boarded the Island Princess at one of Vancouver's two ports for cruise ships, Canada Place after taking a short drive via taxi from our hotel to downtown. We ended up on East Hastings Street again and again the poverty and crime appeared ubiquitous. All and all I wasn't too impressed with Vancouver. Maybe my expectations were too high. Everyone seemed to talk it up as some kind of utopia but I certainly didn't see it.
Anyways, I have been impressed with Princess so far. We were able to sign up for all the excursions that we wanted to do -- I can't wait for the kayaking in Juneau! The food has been great so far, and it seems that this is going to be a very exciting trip.
We are at sea all day today so we'll have plenty of time to check out all of the opportunities available on the ship. Tomorrow, early in the morning, we will be in Ketchikan and we are going to visit some totem park as well as see a lumberjack show/competition.
We have some pictures from yesterday that you can see here:
Pictures!
More posts and pics to come!
Travis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. Great pictures. Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. I am going to send this link around to the family. We miss you. Noodle misses you.
Post a Comment